Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Background

Been a while since I've tried to blog, and hopefully the death of this one is not inevitable. In the past there has always been some quick death to my blogs, but I am very hopeful for this one's future. You see I recently began training for a half-marathon. I was a decent runner in high school, but after 6 years I finally have returned to something that I enjoy and miss. It has been a little over a week now, and I am in the process of rebuilding back to my former 18 year old self.

Although I'm not yet in the habit of blogging, I wrote down notes on what mileage I have been running and how I felt each day up to now

week one
Friday: treadmill 3 miles
Saturday: 2 800's on the nearby track (+2 miles there and back)
Sunday : 30 minutes treadmill- had to visit family
Mon: 1 hour- 5miles tread steady pace (read Galloway's Book on Running over the weekend)
Tues: off
Wed: 1200's @6:07, 6:07, 5:50 pushed pretty hard on last one +2mi
Thurs: 3.2 tread 6.5-7 mph, breathing fine good pace

week two
Friday: 6.0 miles tread, 5mph. knees felt sore along the outsides, could have ran more though
Saturday: Off
Sunday: 7 miles, steady pace. Felt a blister develop on my right toe at 4 miles.
Monday: 2 sets of squats/ jump rope. 2 miles tread, knees hurt at first
Tuesday: 4 miles tread. Knees fine, but developed a blister on inside arch of my right foot.
Wed: day off
Thurs: day off

week three
Friday: evaluation- relaxed
Saturday: 3 miles: tried out new running shoes.
Sunday: off
Monday: recouped from hard day
Tuesday: Staff Meeting
Wed: Valentines- hung out with April
Thurs:

This last week was pretty tough. I had two evaluations at school and so I've been doing a lot of work for those, plus planning for all the other classes I have to teach. It is time to pay the registration fee for the half-marathon, so I think that will help me get more serious as my schedule has been slacking lately. There aren't many days until April 1st, so I've got to get things back in gear.

No comments: