Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I can do it

Yes, I can. I can update my blog! That makes two victories today. It was beautiful out and I wanted to run so badly, but i also wanted to have the energy to go for a while ( and never do since i have to eat lunch at 10am). Since I haven't ran much outside due to my eating schedule, I thought I would have a granola bar around 3, and then be able to run an hour later. So I tried it out and wala, finally got to run at a normal hour and not on the treadmill.

I am not sure how far I went. I ran to a school that's about a mile away and planned on using their track, but they were having practice, so I ran around the school instead. Then i ran back home, and past it farther up a giant hill, then back past home to the school again. They were getting out of practice just as I arrived, which means I ran their whole practice, and that felt good. So then I decided I was going to head back home. My stomach was hurting, not from running though. It may have been due to that granola bar. I haven't had an afternoon snack for months now, and I think it threw me off. I am guessing I ran at least 5 miles, I'll drive it sometime to find out. I was sweating, and had to slow down when I got up to the top of that hill, it was tough.

I also forgot my water for lunch today. I habitually drink water for lunch everyday of school, so today I forgot my bottle and I had to drink something, so i got a Dr. Pepper- that is probably the real reason my stomach was wierd. If it weren't for my stomach and forgetting my watch- I could have ran farther. Heck, I'm about to go back out because it's still daylight and I'm feeling fine now.

Wednesday: 5-6 miles, +hill, steady pace,
note: new Trail shoes/toenail may have caused blister on left toe??-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Outside is so much better than the treadmill. Hills and wind and turns. The same distance on a treadmill can be a lot easier than out of doors. Nice distance.