Friday, March 2, 2007

Week 6

Took the day off Yesterday. It was raining, and I figured after running the 6 on Wednesday I could use a day to recover. Today I ran 3 miles on the treadmill. I was wiped out after this week, and passed out for a while on the couch when I got home. I could really feel "it" in my calves today. They weren't sore, just tight, which is a really awesome thing. In the old days they would be sore because I would kill myself just running a few miles, instead of taking it easy every now and then and putting in more miles instead.

Less than a month until the big race. It will be my first half-marathon, heck my first race over 5k, so I'm not looking for a win, I just hope to finish at this point. if I make it within 1.5 hours, I think that would be impressive. As of right now, I believe I can finish, but I'm not sure if I'll kick it the last few miles, or just keep a nice pace, I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

On a side note I found out what caused the blister. It wasn't my shoes, it was a toenail. I guess the toenail next to my big toe decided he wasn't getting enough attention and grew a half inch. It rubbed into both toes, but formed a crater of skin at the edge that i had to cut away. Today it is completely healed, so that is good. I guess I'll have to watch out for that guy, because the other toenails didn't need a thing. What do you call the toe next to the big one? Maybe if i give him a name he'll stop bullying the big guy....

Thursday- off
Friday- 3.0 steady @ 5.5/6.0/6.5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to keep blogging about the running. Also yeah for the tightness in your calves, you really are building some muscle. For the record I think you should name the fellow Rick. : )