Saturday, March 31, 2007

tommorow

Thats right. Tommorow is the big day. I will officially be a half marathoner. I went down to pickup all my gear, my bib, tracker, and all the other cool stuff that they give you.

I am very excited and all day I've been going over what needs to happen. I got a little nervous earlier today, especially around meal-times because I know that what you eat directly relates to performance. But I have calmed down since then and realized that I will do my best, and a last minute diet change isn't going to affect the run much.

Some people have plans and strategies. Mine is to just do what I've been doing the past few months: RUN. I think I'll start in the middle of the pack somewhere, no need to mess up all the olympic-qualifying athletes - which there are a few in the race. Other than finishing my goal would be not to let those types "lap" me. My word, that would be pretty pathetic and demoralizing. I've been drinking water all day, got my extra carbs, and tommorow morning a small breakfast and plenty of fluids and I'll be on my way. I guess I'm glad I have a normal job, because getting up at 5:30 wont be a problem. I get up at 6 for school, so 1/2 hour isn't going to kill me.

looks to be a little sprinkly .....weather forecast

I plan on finishing in 1:50, I haven't timed anything during my training other than total time, so I don't know how splits are going to work. The course is hilly and I'm getting some last minute studying in right now. There are a few hills that look pretty tough, so I'm trying to plan for when they are so they don't freak me out. Around 7 miles there is a large increase, and another close to the 11 mark. One post i read from last year said the course was tough, I believe it.

course profile (pdf)

Okay it's already past bedtime. April went to a wedding and still isn't back, so I wanted to wait for her before I slept. I saw her a few minutes this morning and she has been running all over the whole day. I'll stay up a few more minutes and double check everything I need. Good luck fellow runners.

No comments: