Saturday, March 10, 2007

Week 7

Thursday I had a meeting, and yesterday I took another day to rest. Today it was cloudy and rain is supposed to be moving in soon. I ran about 8 miles today, 8 tough miles. First I did the usual 1 mile to the track, 4 miles there. I wanted to go on home because i felt a new blister forming, but then I decided I needed more than just 6 miles, so i ran on toward the big hill and took it. It was rough. At the top I walked for a while, and started to go back down the other side. That's when stomach cramps started to take over. I stopped again because it didn't feel to great. And then again about 30 seconds later. I pushed on and about a half mile back home I had to stop yet again. I was running into some pretty good wind, and a few sprinkles were forming so I hurried up getting home.

I now have a blister on both toes beside my big toe which aren't bad because they are old calices from when i used to run, but the one today is the middle toe and near the bottom. Pretty stingy, but it'll probably go away by monday. My legs again were tired. Even after two days rest around the 4-5 mile mark. I am going to work in some lifting or hills on hard days so I can get my leg strength up. Also I think that taking two days without running at all was bad. I'm going to have to learn how to work in easy 2-4miles on those days. Only 3 weeks left until the race, it seems crazy that I've been running for over a month now.

I've been thinking about the race, I'm kind of curious as to how it'll go. I decided that if I need to walk, I'm going to. It's my first long race, so I guess just participating should be enough.

Friday-0ff
Saturday- 6.0 miles, huge hill 1 mile, 1 mile home, new blister

No comments: