Monday, August 27, 2007

A nice hot day. So yesterday finally made it out to the course. It was another hot day around 96 degrees. Both me and April went, and we got there around 5 pm. It was still humid, so we had full bottles of ice water we brought along. Started off well the first mile wasn't too bad, just jogging pretty much. It was too hot to really run anyway. By 1.5 my lungs were searching for air and the stomach wasn't really hurting, but it did feel sort of tight. Not real sure how to explain that.

We went opposite ways, so the second time I passed April I told her it was time for a water break and she just said "uh-huh!". So we made it back around to the car with our melted ice water. I pretty much knew the run was over and told her that was enough for today. So 2.25 miles, but certainly in the heat it's equivalent to about 4 or maybe 5.

The new thing I'm doing is not timing my runs. So I'm just running while my ipod tracks the miles, and not looking at it. This should help me to go at my own pace, and judge for myself when I'm ready to stop. I would like to go for a certain date where I go for time, that should prevent me going fast on daily or long runs. Right now I'm thinking every two weeks, but I might wait a month before I actually start the first one. I think that's more realistic, as that would reflect an actual race season.

Okay so any running is good running at this point. I plan on keeping it up. April was happy to go as well, so I am happy that she is interested too. Maybe down the line she'll run a race herself, who knows.

Sunday 5pm, sunny 85 degrees. 2.25 miles, cooldown
silver

No comments: