Saturday, June 6, 2009

6.6.09

Okay so sorry about this past week no real updates coming from my end. I've been feeling very unmotivated lately, but I actually enjoyed having some time off from running for a while. It just seemed like I had been grinding it out for a long time and I need a nice long break from running. Well I'm feeling better than ever and am ready to get back to training.

Today started off a new base where the focus will be one quality run a week, one long run, and striders/coordination once or twice as I see fit during the week. I've had a lot of time to think and reflect about my goals for this year and I'll be focusing on a half marathon in the fall. I have no goal time right now and probably never will. My only goal will be to put forth my best effort on race day.

It was a very beautiful day today, I like when the humidity is low like this. The wind was just strong enough to cool me down one way, although running with it I did get pretty hot. Still other than a stitch I got under my rib (common area for me) where it's closest to the bellybutton for the first 20 minutes the rest of the run went fine. My legs are feeling really great right now. The biggest thing I hope to get from my time off other than motivation is injury prevention. Sometimes I take things a little too hard, so hopefully this week off will help with anything that may have been going astray. I haven't had any niggles lately, but I'm sure most of this week off can't hurt.

home. 3:53pm. 82º 39%H 4mph wind from ENE
1:11:31(10.50) bf 1406

No comments: