Wednesday, May 9, 2007

bad nap

8:30, 75 degrees, light grey

Fell asleep on the couch again tonight. I need to stay away from that thing after school. We went to the nearby track to practice with the relay team. They did okay, but with only one practice, there wasn't a whole lot of progress to be made. I guess it doesn't matter, but I just want them to do good. It was hot out, and I had on pants, so it was even hotter. After the relay team was done, I took a few of the long jumpers for oh, 5 minutes and worked with them. I am the only one at the school who knows how to do it probably, so like last year it was up to me last to teach them the day of the meet. Needless to say not much progress was made on that. I felt bad due to the fact they had to leave at 4, and I'm sitting there trying to show them how to jump while their parents are saying it's time to go. Oh well.

Tonight was more of a zombie run due to just waking up and heading out the door. I just put one foot in front of the other and tried to go at a steady pace. It was hotter than normal tonight which made it seem slow. The bad part is it's only going to get hotter. I can't wait till school is over so I can run in the mornings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss track. So much fun. I had forgetten about you long jumping. Don't know why that got erased from my memory but I recall it now. Way to be out there helping others be as good as you.

Ron said...

Yeah long jumping wasn't my forte, but I guess I may have been better than some of the other people on our team. I wanted to try during the meet today, but I ended up having to measure jumps! the volunteers left, so I kindly stepped in.