Tuesday, May 8, 2007

zoom zoom

70-62 degrees, silver shoes

Yeserday was a day off due to the fact I bought a house. Finally, after many days of waiting and being let down, we finally closed. That took a while, and by the time we ate and got home I was tired and didn't need to run. I don't feel bad about it, but it still makes me wish i could have gotten in a few easy miles to keep the blood flowing.


Tonight started off rough. Well lets rewind first. Today at school was pretty okay, but I got suckered into going to the art museum after school. That wasn't the bad part, the bad part was walking around the museum and not being able to sit. My legs were shot from standing all day and all the stairs, but I didn't realize it until I went for my run tonight. I had that same feeling as sunday, just no gusto in the calves and a general tired feeling around the ankles. Every step was a struggle to get a good push off. I got the first 3 miles under my belt, and then decided to take the first hill. I am strength training, so hills are integral and I wanted to take it pretty fast. I made it up the giant hill slowing near the top, and zoomed down the other side. I think that got me into the mode and I started to feel good after that.

Another large hill a mile later, and then on my way back to the giant hill again. This time I could feel the push off and it was sweet. I also noticed the air cooled a lot, about 8 degrees from the weather report, and that made it feel even faster. I trucked it up the giant the hill at around 7 miles, and you can barely tell there was a hill there from the graph. Flying down the other side felt great, I was jumping and touching the leaves as I ran by the trees. That helped psychologically to take my mind off the run and towards having fun and being laid back. It worked.

Back to the large hill, zip, wasn't even a challenge, about 85 percent top speed. Then I still felt good, so I ran another mile just for kicks. I didn't want to stop even after that, but it was already closing on 10pm, and I have to sleep by 11.

So a great run, a great night and I'm excited. Thursday is the school's track meet. I want to run a mile and have them time me for fun. I ran one day last year for track practice and that was fun. It's nice being something other than Mr. Art teacher.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You own a house. YOU OWN A HOUSE. Now you can get up in the morning and run around your neighborhood. You will be so normal. :)

Ron said...

Do normal people run? I see my neighbors here at the apartments just sitting in their living rooms every night. I think about what they think I am doing. I would assume they think I'm crazy.

Anonymous said...

Yeah but good crazy. And perhaps your neighbors are just lazy and suck. A theory which would be supported by the upstairs guy and his music.