Wednesday, October 24, 2007

back in the groove

A great run today without my ipod. I like running without it. Normally I have it so I can keep track of my miles, but since I've ran so many 5k's in my hood' it's been easy to know how far I'm going. I did the normal loop, every road which is almost a 5k, then I ran a few extra roads. That should put me somewhere at or over 4 miles for todays run.

It was a rainy day, but luckily in the afternoon it cleared up with heavy clouds and sunshine coming through. Everyone was out too, I saw a lot of runners and walkers. We all wanted to get out while we could. The chances of rain are supposed to diminish for the next few days and it looks to be a great weekend. I haven't quite got my schedule formed, but I remade the layout again to make it look more like a calendar. I added spaces for upperbody workout too, so three times a week I'll add that into my running. I think it is important to keep my whole body healthy and not just the legs.

It was a very nice run. I stayed steady, had my chest out and the arms felt really natural. It feels good to get back into the groove of daily running. Staying on track is the tough part, but I've got races coming up, so it should be relatively easy to keep being motivated apart from the intrinsic value I get from running.

My mom called yesterday and told me my grandma has cancer. I know how April felt now and feel wierd about it. It's sad news, but there is some hope. The doctors say that it is treatable. She should start chemo and have her first surgery to remove it before thanksgiving.

We are going to run some more races together soon. April wants to do the race for the cure, but it is the week before the turkey trot and I really want to do that one. I've pretty much made up my mind, and told April she could do the other if she wanted but I didn't want to. I am trying to surprise her. She got another ipod and wants the sensor for it. I put a bid on ebay for her some nice shoes, and I also want to get her sensor. She talks about it alot, but I haven't found the time to buy it yet. Hopefully I can get it this weekend, and the shoes later.

well enough about stuff
4+ miles, 65 and cool. grey

No comments: