Thursday, October 25, 2007

there is hope

Well the schedule is formed. I tried to balance between the marathon and 10k schedules in Galloway's book. Basically it looks like two and a half months of base, a month and a half of hills, and a month of speed. Throw in a few races into the mix and things should come together fine.

I had planned 10 miles for today, but it was just too much. I don't mean I couldn't have, but I felt I shouldn't. The outer parts of my knees started tightening up at 5 miles (the farthest I've gone for a while) and so I knew 10 was out of the question even though I felt like I was at a crawling pace. I thought as I was running that I could at least put up 6, then a 10k, then might as well hit 7, and finally once I got around to 8 I hung it up for the day.

The awesome part was my breathing was so steady. I could have ran a lot farther because i felt like I was just
jogging. That just proves that my conditioning level is already high, and I still have some left over from my workouts earlier in the summer. I stopped at 5 to get some water for about 10-15 seconds. I still managed to average 8 minute miles ending at 1:04. I haven't checked my ipod stuff online for a while, but after today's run I think it's time to start keeping track of time again, just for the sake of curiosity.

some pics i took of the complex today





am heart rate 60
8 miles, sunny 68. silver

No comments: