Sunday, October 21, 2007

Susan Komen Race for the Cure

Yep, finally got a race in again. This one was just a 5k and for fun. I was hoping to get a really good time, but after waiting 15 minutes for the fourth or so start I got to go. April and her friend went with us, so it was our first race together. At the start we were all together and probably 100 yards from the line. We got there a little late, so had to park a ways off and walk there. I tried to get to the front, but there were too many people and only 5 minutes. I didn't feel like pushing my way all the way up there.

I haven't been running as much as I should, I ran on wednesday and before that was at least two weeks. It has been hectic since I started a new job, but things are coming back into motion for me. I also applied for a track coaching postition, so that will be nice if I end up getting it.

anyway the race went fine. It was downtown again and there are all sorts of hills to run up. since I started in the fourth or fifth pack I was passing all kinds of people and that was fun, but also made the course harder. At some points I was just slowly jogging because there were too many people taking up the road. There was a guy in front of me who looked like he may have been in the military. He was ahead of me for the first half of the race, then my endurance started to kick in and I passed him and left him way behind. At the end of the course was a huge downhill, so that made it so easy to get to the line. I practically just strided in. I finished around 45 minutes so I think that was like a 28 or 29 minute 5k which is pretty pathetic. But considering the course and the amount of time I was just stuck walking at the start, it was a good run.

Another race is coming up soon, so I'll be looking forward to that at the end of November. Plus now that I'm at a new school, I should be able to use the track afterschool. My ultimate goal is the half-marathon. I think after four or five I'll go for the marathon, but I'm content with the half for now. okay more to come later on.

wednesday 70 degrees sunny, 5k. silver
saturday 50 degrees sunny, 5k. grey

No comments: