Sunday, October 28, 2007

"Long" Run

A beautiful day today. It was a little cooler than usual, but the sun was out and shining on it all. I was able to wear my normal shorts and tank gear. The only times I felt cold was running into the wind. Today it was coming from the northwest and made a few stretches a little harder than normal. The run felt good. I have been holding my pace back a little. The wierd part is I barely feel like I'm searching for air. The only thing holding me back is my knees. I feel them around 5-6 miles starting to get worn. It's not a hurting a feeling, but I think my body is trying to warn me not to push things just yet.

There were soccer games today, so that made it 100 times more interesting than usual. There were people to look at and actually quite a few walkers out too. I felt consistent, but haven't looked at my graph yet. I know that on the last 1/4 of the course there is a moderate incline so I always slow down there and shorten my strides. Since I wasn't breathing hard the entire time I picked it up slightly the last mile, but nothing too crazy. It felt good. April also got out there and put in 4 miles! She is really working hard. I'm glad she is running, but it may be a while before she's a fanatic. Not that I want her to be, but that is the progression that all runners make eventually.

I am hungry now. There were some leftover potato wedges that I've been snacking on, but I'm trying to conserve it cause April's dad is cooking for us tonight. We got some meat on sale and said if he cooked it we'd share it. That is normally how it goes.

when i finished my run I was halfway up a hill. I decided to go some extra cause it just didn't feel right stopping there. So I did. The funny part is when I checked my ipod it said 1:05 something and I was like "dang it" because it was slower than the 8 mile I did earlier this week. DUH i forgot i ran the extra part. I guess the blood still hadn't reached my brain yet. So really it was Much faster than the last one and when I remembered that I was happy again.

8.29 miles, 64 degrees sunny. silver

No comments: