Wednesday, May 14, 2008

not backing down

yesterday was a big fat DNR. I honestly needed it though. I had a major headache building since lunchtime at school and it just got worse. That's probably the one thing I hate most about a special needs classroom. The screaming (literally) grunting, wailing, and mooing. The sound created is unbelievable. And it doesn't stop- ALL day long. One of our students screams uncontrollably. I'm not talking about an AAh and it's over. Nope, it's more like ......aaaaaAAAAAAAA then ten octaves up AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. You listen to that for half an hour and tell me your head doesn't hurt. At least school is almost over and I won't be hearing anything like that again for a long time hopefully.

So it wasn't until after dinner at 8:30 that my headache finally went away. It was still throbbing but didn't hurt.

Today was a faceslap to yesterdays laziness. Started off running as soon as I got home. I headed out to the soccer complex and took off. It had been raining off and on and was still cloudy so I hoped to at least get some miles in. At 3 miles I was ready to call it a day. I had a large lunch and it wasn't quite digested yet, so my stomach was really uneasy- to the point where it was hard to take deep breaths. My legs were burning and I already felt like I was done- plus it was starting to rain a little harder as there were already some light rain. But I said to myself, unless it's a downpour I'm not leaving. So on I went and within a mile I was feeling tons better and the rain let up and the sun came out. I wasn't really happy about the sun because it made it hot, but all the same at least I could get some more running in.

There were a few people to hunt down, but mostly I was just passing people going the opposite way a hundred times. Ended up with 10 miles and felt pretty good about it. When I got home I decided to take a little break since I had to go to the bathroom anyways. I got hydrated and then decided to got out for a "jog". My legs felt way better than I thought they would and I ended up cooking some more miles. The only problem with running two runs right in a row is that it still has the same pounding on the legs. It creates an achiness that feels like broken down muscle tissue. A lingering fatigue of the leg absorbing thousands of pounds of repeated shock. Other than that it felt really good. I like doing back to backs, but again the aches that come with it aren't so fun.

10(11)miles. 68 degrees 52% humidity 10mph. BF 220
4(5)miles. 70 degrees 53% humidity 9mph. BF 224

No comments: