Tuesday, February 12, 2008

linger

Another 5 miles with the distance guys. This time we ran into the wind, so the pace was slightly slower for the first few miles. Then we turned up a huge hill and I took the lead for a few steps. The distance guys took it as a challenge and went back ahead of me, which was fine by me. Two packs formed, I was in the lead pack. High school guys like to race, although a few of the ones in the lead pack were conversational, another was breathing pretty hard. I stayed with them pretty good till 4 miles, then my tendon started acting up and getting tight. I could feel it with each step.

I slowed down and kept them 25-50 meters away. I think I might need a few nights off of running with them until all this hamstring/tendon junk gets worked out. I keep wondering when it will go away, as that is what seems to happen with my injuries. I think not running my own pace is why it's taking so long to get back to normal. Learned a few more kids names.

5 miles. 50 degrees strong wind. Zoom 77

2 comments:

Ann said...

OH you make me think of the block. That crazy crazy block.

Ron said...

the block was a lot of fun. I'm glad you mentioned it because I had forgot about that thing. That seems to be the thing I remember about high school, not much.