Thursday, February 7, 2008

new shoes=new blisters

Not that the old blisters hadn't gone yet! Now they have friends. The toenails are by far the worst though. I can handle blisters, but toenails that are 3 or 4 layers high is pretty ridiculous. They hurt a little after the run and felt like they were being "peeled" upwards during the cooldown. About the only thing I can do at this point is trim them. It's seems to be fine, but they still don't look or feel normal. I did see these awesome toe caps in Runners world. I really wish I would have known about them Before I started running. Now I'm not sure if they would help or not, but I think I could at least try them and see.

Two things I didn't realize today. 1. I surpassed the 1000 mark on my ipod miles. That is kind of amazing since I really just got back into running again. And 2. I forgot about a clinic that I told coach Jacobs I would attend with her next weekend. She told me a long time ago, and I said yes not realizing that is the weekend of my 10k! Well I should have asked for some info. I'm pretty sure it's next weekend, Friday and Saturday so that sucks and it is in Nashville. But there is a small chance I have the date wrong and it's the week after. I already turned in my money for the race a few days ago too. I'm not sure but if it is the same weekend, it looks like I won't be driving back to Knoxville to run it, I think you just have to take the hit sometimes I guess.

Single layer long sleeve and shorts was perfect on this run. I did have a tank top, but it caused too much heat. The second part of the clothing issue was shoes. Yesterday I had tied my right one too tight at the top and it caused bruising right beneath the where the tongue of the shoe is. I started the first mile in a lot of pain from this, hoping the shoe would loosen, but it didn't. So I stopped real quick and gave a bunch of breathing room. It still hurt after that for a little while, but went away soon enough. Shoes are starting to get worn in a little better, but still not comfortable yet. Maybe a week or two more before that happens.

10(11)miles. 45 degrees. Zoom 58

No comments: