Sunday, August 2, 2009

8.2.09

Back on the roads again. It's been a trying last month or two, but I've hung in there by the soles of my running shoes getting a few runs in here and there. I really lacked the drive that I usually have for running. I'm not sure exactly why but I suppose the changes and life situations I've been dealing with are the brunt of it. I tend to devote all my time and energy toward one or maybe two things, and pretty much anything else gets pushed to the wayside. And when that happens running running can get the boot, no pun intended. The funny thing is I really don't feel bad about my time off, or laziness as most runners might say, although my body would tend to disagree with that feeling. In the end I've realized that it's okay to take time for yourself sometimes and not always give in to the running gods whenever things get tough.

So I'm not going to say I'm back, but I am planning for a half marathon in November (and therefore a 5 or 10k before that). Hopefully putting my name on a sign-up sheet and paying the registration fee early will awake some internal mechanism that aligns my brain into training mode. If not I'm not to worried about it. My goal is to just train as well as I can and not expect any miracles. I still want to do well, that is always a given, but I'm not going to push myself into oblivion to get results this time around. Of course I say that now, but those of you who read this humble blog know that once I'm in the midst of miles and gatorade and race prediction calculators oblivion becomes a very relative term. So as usual I will try to stay consistent, and hopefully the results will follow. If you are reading this, then thank you friend, for sticking around to see what's my happening in my tiny little cross section of humanity.

3x hills
3x accels
1:15:08, 10.85. 80º 60%H. bf 1535

No comments: