Wednesday, April 9, 2008

hood x2

I keep getting up earlier so I can run a little farther everyday. Today I got in 6 miles in the morning with 2 full loops in the hood. I like running in the morning. Unfortunately it is getting darker earlier everyday. I don't like running in the dark, but I'll do what I have to. Really it's not that bad because school will be out in 6 weeks and I won't have to worry about getting up at a certain time- but the earlier the better I suppose.

AM 6(7.03)miles @7:04. 52 degrees. Zoom 202

Quads are sore and calves tired from not skipping the big hill any (and running it 2-4x a day), but everything else feels fine. Run at soccer complex was fine. So much hotter than it has been, but I waited until an hour before sunset so I would get some shade from the trees around the path. That worked out well, once I hit 3 or 4 it was cooler in the shade and the wind was nice. I still sweated a lot, but not as much as I would have on the sweatmill. I swear I almost need an air conditioner right next to that thing.

Quads were sore as I said, but they felt pretty good on this run. Picked it up for the last mile and a half, but still only managed a 7 minute pace. That's fine, I wasn't going for a record, I just like to increase pace and see what the end time will be. For an easy run I see no problem picking it up at the end. The only thing I was worried about was the run in the morning. Been doubling like a fiend, but I feel better than when doing singles. I think my body was built for this kind of work as it seems to be responding well.

PM 7(8.09)miles @7:01. 72 degrees. Zoom 209

No comments: