Monday, April 14, 2008

cold again

So this morning it was cold outside and I really didn't want to go outside. So I went on to the treadmill. I started out at 7 mph and then increased it to 9 toward the end just to be done. I'm almost ready to start marking those miles as totals instead of adjusting- theres really nothing to adjust since I'm working at least 1.5-2x as hard on the treadmill to maintain an "equal" pace to real running. I hope that doesn't sound like complaining, I just don't like changing things halfway through something when they are for measuring efforts or miles.

6 miles @7:11. treadmill. Zoom 258

Tonight it was hard to get out the door. I guess it wouldn't have been as hard except I was standing in the cold after school for an hour and half and didn't feel like being outside for close to another hour. I bundled up- a little too much- and got outside. By the first mile my arms were sweating and I had to shed my outer jacket. I guess my mind made it seem colder than it really was. The run went great until 4 miles when the top of my left foot started to hurt. The kind of pain you get when you tie your shoes too tight and it bruises. So I had to stop- the pain was just too much. I assessed it and it seemed that April may have been right when she said my foot was probably swollen from the cold. I agreed and was back out the door to finish up so I'd have my six miles for tonight.

6(7)miles @6:56. 43 degrees misting. Zoom 264

No comments: