Wednesday, April 11, 2007

treadmill shmedmill

Rainy day today. Had to run on the treadmill. It's amazing how I shifted from mostly tread to mostly pavement in just a few months. I don't like the treadmill anymore, it just feels wrong. there's something about moving but not going anywhere that seems counterproductive. All the same I couldn't run in the downpour. today I tested the specs on my ipod. At 4 miles on the tread, I was at 4.5 on my pod. It's not designed for the treadmill, so who knows which is correct.

I was hoping to test it at the track today but y'know. tommorow looks to be okay, so that will be a good time. A regular pace run tommorow, hopefully a little faster than my 9 minute mile average today. I suppose you could add a half mile since the sprint from the weight room to the apartment was about 90% top speed. I really felt the blisters forming near the door. After two months of running you'd think that shouldn't happen. Oh well. I haven't done any hard workouts yet, so I'm sure the calices will form when the time comes. In the meantime I'm looking for something to hold the pod while I run. Shorts and shirts have no pockets normally, so I'm looking to stitch a custom pocket on a couple. They sell special shirts with a custom stitched open-face ipod compartment for $65, but that just seems ludicrous to me. I'll make my own.

Wednesday (easy)-4.5 miles 9:07 pace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is funny that you say that cause if I take more than two weeks from my dance shoes I will have hot spots when I put them back on. I wonder if feet are just designed to heal fast and that is why even with caluses we still get blisters or if you and I just have stupid feet.

Ron said...

I think feet are designed to take some punishment. I mean think about the people in Africa who never wear shoes. I wonder if they ever get blisters?