Monday, April 9, 2007

Monday

today was an inservice day at school. Pretty boring, but it went by fast. I got to eat lunch at a normal time, so running was a possiblity today! Yesterday I didn't get to run at all. It was easter and we went to watch April's grandpa sing in his church choir, then spent the rest of the day at her other grandparents. Needless to say no running occured.

today was much better. Since I didn't get my run in yesterday I got ready at home and took off. Today was nice outside, warm enough for shorts and a long sleeve. I got in at least 10 miles, probably more. I'm not real sure. I know I put in 6 miles on the track alone, plus I ran up and down and back again. I stopped by the house at 6 and got some water, then went out for the rest of my run. I didn't really stop, I just jogged in place at home while I got some water, then kept on going. It was a steady pace, I left at 4.30 and got back at 6.15, so I'm sure it was pretty far. I'll have my ipod thing ready soon, so hopefully I'll get some accurate readings with that.

My foot was hurting near the end, I wouldn't really call it a blister, but the calice on the ball of my right foot was sliding and causing a small blister to form along the inside. I'm not sure if it was from the way I was running or what, but it didn't feel too great. Hopefully the layers underneath will calice too so I don't have that problem anymore. The good news is it was there and not a toe or something new. I ran pretty far, so you gotta expect something like that i guess.

I'm glad I went so far, but now my schedule is jacked. I'll have to just put in whatever tommorow and take a rest day wednesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are still respecting the schedule. You need that rest. That said, way to run 10 miles. That is a long work out and while I'm sure you feel it a bit now you must have been feeling pretty good last night.