Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Anxious

I wish I could run today. My legs are almost recovered and are hardly sore anymore. I am ready to keep training. It's all I could think about at school today. I am trying to decide if that is a good idea. My mind is saying go for it, but I'm not sure what my body said yet. I am going to ask April what she wants to do tonight, and if she doesn't end up wanting to go, I think I'll jog a mile. Yes, one mile. No more or less. I have learned how important recovery time is, and I don't want to end up wearing out and getting hurt for no good reason.

In the meantime I am reading up on nutrition and what not, trying to formulate some kind of meal plan. I already eat healthy, but as far as maximizing performance, I really haven't bothered with it until now.

Pretty soon there are some 10k and 5k races. I'd like to keep doing one every month or two so I can track my progress. It would be nice to a marathon, which could be a year or two, but until I'm ready I'd like to fit in two or three half's a year. October is looking good for my next one, 6 months should be enough time to fit in some proper training.

No comments: