Monday, April 30, 2007

5k easy

65, night, light grey shoes

Fell asleep after dinner today, didn't get up till 8. That is what happens when you have early duty and a full schedule all day at school. I still wanted to run. It just doesn't feel right not to anymore. As I headed out I realized that my knee was no longer hurting, no pain today at all at school. I started off the first mile by losing my key. I normally tie it through my laces and luckily I felt them come undone and stopped to look for it. It was dark so at first I wasn't sure If I'd find it, but there were some streetlights and I soon saw the shiny little glimmer coming from the key.


I started off at a medium pace, then a little faster, and I guess it was the combo cool breezy air and non-hurting of the knee that I just decided to pick it up the last mile. It was a good run, and I wasn't struggling or pushing too hard. Just strong. I read that you can get into "cruise" mode if you run too easy. This takes much less effort, but utilizes the wrong muscles in the leg, hindering improvement and building of the muscles that make you go faster. So I've been keep a good pace and making sure I feel light and bouncy along the road. Now I'm up blogging when I should be asleep. Oh well I'll be back at it again tommorow.

No comments: