Friday, April 13, 2007

fastest mile...sorta

50 degrees, sprinkling earlier. jacket, shorts, grey shoes.

Okay today was an "easy" day, 2-4 miles on my schedule. Buuut, i felt so good I decided to go sorta fast. I kept the repetition high, that is faster steps instead of long strides. I had planned on running at the treadmill since it was late because I took a nap when i got home... They changed the code on the gym, and nobody was there, so i just decided heck, I'm gonna run this in the dark. I zipped up my jacket because it was a little chilly, turned on some tunes and took off toward the track.

I was going at a decent pace, when i got to the track, which is normally 1 mile, it was at .89. Oh well I thought, I'll just run more around the track and see how accurate it is. They don't keep the lights on at night, but there are houses and some other school lights that gave enough to see the lanes. I had started off at a good pace, but I picked it up a half step and kept my cadence high. After 2 miles I was still feeling great, but I slowed down a little, this was afterall an easy day. Another mile and then back home. I reached 4 just as i went up the steep hill to the parking lot.

I wore my nike free's today, I think that helped the pace. They are light and it barely feels like they are on. I really felt today like I was getting somewhere. I mean a good pace for 4 miles is no easy task, but I was still feeling good. I am probably in better shape cardio wise than I was in high school at this point. All that says is that I didn't know, or my coaches didn't know, how to train properly, because I would have done any workout they threw at me. I think my leg strength was far greater than it is now, but that will come back with time. I want to start the strength now, but If I keep going nice and easy I know it will pay off later.

so a nice 7:20 mile, the fastest recorded...Although on my chart is says 7:11, my guess is I was running that pace, but it didn't "line up" with when the mile actually started or ended?
7:40, 7:11?, 7:40, 7:46
note: 23:58 5k

No comments: