Monday, April 2, 2007

Happy

I am sore today. Every step is painful, but at the same time I know why, so it's not that big of a deal. I talked to Betsy today. She ended up running 2:20 or so, finishing 17th in her age group. Way to go! She found the stats online and showed me. I also finished 17th in my age group! I could hardly believe that. My time was 1:50, the time i put on the registration form :) good guess.

the knoxville news sentinel had a few articles about the race. One about the winner of marathon was pretty hilarious in my opinion. here is a link To the right you can see the overall times of the marathon events (its in a little box)

On a side note a man passed me during the race, let me put it straight, he passed ALOT of people. He looked african and I remember a glimpse of him. It was hard to tell if it was a person or a cheetah, but the dude just flew by, zipping in and out of runners making us look like a slow motion scene from the matrix. The article mentions him, he got a late start and finished the marathon around 2:29. I remember he passed me around the 10-11 mile mark. The guys behind me said he must have been in the port-o-john, haha, you dudes were almost right.

well got a few more days to relax. takin' it easy was one of the songs by the live bands on the course, I'm feelin that song right now. later.

No comments: