Saturday, April 28, 2007

easy day

65 night run, shorts/t grey shoes

Today was an easy day. My knee wasn't hurting at all today so I decided to go for a 5k run and take it easy. It was an easy pace for me, just near 8 minutes a mile. I just worked on turnover and putting pressure to the front of my foot instead of my heel and knee. This seemed to help. My knee still had a twingy feeling, but it wasn't hurting like before. Tommorow is a long day. I will sacrifice speed for miles if the knee acts up, I need to do that to avoid making my knee angry again.


saturday: 3.1 miles 7:16 pace 22:39

lol- i just checked my pace and it wasn't even close to 8, more like 7. my sensor may have been shaking around and made in inaccurate. Either way it felt slower, so that's good enough for me. i also think it could be due to better turnover from my form - (more steps per minute may decrease the sensors distance reading, even though you are running the same speed as usual?) :) or i could be getting faster.

No comments: