Friday, April 20, 2007

friday

treadmill- night run

Today was a good day because it was Friday. Last day of classes for the week, and a relatively easy day. My hamstrings were quadruple tight today, I could feel the tendons stretch with each step I took. Obviously this week has been more stressful on my legs. Tonight I took it somewhat easy on the treadmill, but tried to keep an 8 minute pace. My knees were hurting for the first two miles, but finally warmed up and the pain left. Tommorow will be a full recovery day, only 2 miles at most at an easy pace. Sunday will be another long run, maybe 12, but after what happened on the last one it may end up being a little longer. I'll run across that bridge when I come to it.

I also realized that cooldown time is important not only for the heart, but for the legs. If I were to stop my cooldown walks, I'd be a million times more sore and probably not even be able to run a mile.

friday- 3.3 miles 8:08/mile, cooldown

No comments: