Sunday, April 29, 2007

long run

75 degrees, silver shoes

Today was my long run. I took it relatively easy. The first mile I had a side stitch, but at about 2 it went away. My knee didn't cause any problems. It was severely hot out and I kinda made sure to go out in the heat today since I usually opt for a dusk run to avoid it. I think the heat made it feel slower than I was actually going. It sorta felt like I was fighting my body the first four miles.

At 6 I was back to the apartment to get some water. At this point the knee felt stiff, so I kept
jogging around to keep it warmed up. Soon it felt normal again and I decided to finish the long run. If the knee hadn't I would have just stopped it short. I'm glad I didn't the next five miles were really nice, a good turnover and what seemed like a pretty fast pace. The last two miles were the hardest, my lips were dry and foaming, and I was so thirsty. I worked through it by keeping the arms moving and running to shaded places I saw. It was a nice day for a medium-effort run.

No comments: