Monday, December 22, 2008

12.22.08

Had a rough night last night. I kept getting woken up by my bloody noses. I usually get them when it gets cold like this because of the heater being on in the house. It dries out my nose which then cracks and bleeds. I've had them since I was younger, and it's just a reflex to jolt awake whenever I feel one happen. So it wouldn't have been so bad, but it happened like three times last night, and I stayed up late anyway working on artwork so that made it even worse. This morning I was wiped out, but I got up when April left for work and was tired, but that sort of tired where you don't want to go back to sleep at the same time.

I've been getting some artwork done as well as working on a blog for wiremanart things. I might also create a mural blog as well just to keep the content a little more organized, but I'm not sure yet at this point.
I have to get some Christmas shopping done tomorrow as I've been procrastinating. I have about half done, so it shouldn't be too bad. I plan on going in the morning sometime as there shouldn't be a ton a traffic then.

Anyway I didn't run today due to the tiredness and it's a rest week so no big deal. I might even take another full day before it's said and done. I'm glad to have another day off. My muscles deserve a break. I've been keeping up the mileage and I know it's going to pay off come marathon day. For now I'm really trying to focus on artwork, but I'm going to try and really blend them together after this week. I think I've been devoting a lot of time to running when I should be focusing on other things. Granted I'm happy with my running and I enjoy it immensely, but there is only so much progress you can make in a certain amount of time and I guess it's better to be patient and go one step at a time, rather than trying to make a huge leap like I am.

My time goal is probably insane to most people, but I've looked at my paces, I know how I feel during a race, I know how I progress during a training cycle, and I wouldn't make a goal I don't believe I could achieve. 2:45 would be a great first marathon, practically incredible considering my experience. But I'm just not worried about the time. I know that eventually in years to come, that time will be a breeze for me. I truly expect that to happen. But that doesn't make it any easier now, when the work needs to be put in right up until raceday. So I will do my best as always and if I reach my goal then I'll know it's because of the training, and if I don't, I'll rest, re-evaluate, and make another attempt to succeed.

No comments: