Saturday, November 15, 2008

11.15.08

Not so good today friends. My foot is hurting pretty bad when I run. It feels like some sort of bruise (of course) but I'm not sure how it happened. My foot is sitting in a bucket of ice right now. The pain seems to be coming from the center of the foot along the bottom outside of the heel. Basically every landing there is pain. Sometimes I get lucky and things like this go away, but I'm not so sure about this one. I'll just have to find out tomorrow really. I went for a run today anyway and it went good other than the pain. For a while there was no pain at all even, but by the end of the run it was back in full effect.

Anyway I still plan on running the race tomorrow. It is pain yes, but that's half of running, so no difference there really. I think I might try to take an advil or something as well. If it were a little more serious I'd just as soon not race, but I really think since I ran 8 miles today on it that I'll be okay. Only time will tell if it was a good decision or bad. If it is something serious I'll have to take time off anyway, so I guess I have nothing to lose.

Well I'll update tomorrow after the race. I'm glad it's in the afternoon, it's supposed to snow in the morning :)

4:30pm. soccer complex. 45 degrees 10 mph wind, few raindrops.
1:04:00, bf 733

No comments: