Friday, November 28, 2008

11.28.08

Lazy day. I slept a lot, I think it was the turkey leftovers... Anyway the run went great. It was really warm today, close to 60 so it was just about perfect for running. I went to the soccer complex and it went really well. The run felt kind of hard for the first 30 minutes or so, but after that I was relaxed and smoking some laps. A guy that I had been running by was like "one more lap!" I actually had two more laps, but I just waved and smiled.

This run really felt great though. I was thinking about how it must feel to be an elite. I mean I wonder how their 4:30 miles feel when they are running. I don't even think I can move legs that fast, let alone run a full marathon near that pace. It's just craziness when you think about stuff like that. Maybe one day I'll be there, but I don't see it in the near future. Hopefully I will be, but a lot of things would have to work out perfectly to achieve it.

So the foot was completely fine today. I can still sense a little bit of pressure where it isn't completely healed, but only when I'm walking with shoes on. Other than that there was absolutely zero pain. I'm excited to be able to get back into my normal training again. I was doing really great before it got hurt, and I plan on getting the miles back up there after that low week of just 16 miles. I'm not sure when hills are going to play their part, but it will definitely be soon. I basically plan on doing speed work for at least 2.5 months before the marathon, so I'll probably be starting with hills as soon as there are no niggles left in the foot. More tomorrow.

4:30 pm. soccer complex. 53 degrees.
1:22:45, gm 576

No comments: