Friday, May 29, 2009

5.29.09

I felt really worn down today. Hard tempo run yesterday took a lot out of my legs and bad night of sleep made the whole day a kind of blur. Still I got outside and ran a little, not wanting to put a zero in the schedule. Tomorrow I was wanting to do another attempt at the tweet5k, but I'm not too sure it's going to happen. It would be nice to go under 18, and I think I could probably do it with better pacing, but I'm not sure how tomorrow is going to go so we will see. If the legs feel good and fresh tomorrow I'll probably take a stab, if not I'll just run. I'm missing my higher mileage stuff a lot lately (never thought I would even consider that notion) and am wanting to get back up to snuff.

The one mile is next week. I'm not going all out on it as far as I know, but maybe I'll be in the zone. I guess I'm not going to go out gung-ho for a sub 5 or anything. A healthy PR of a few seconds would be just fine by me, but I'm mostly doing it for fun. The course is on inner state I-40 which has been under reconstruction for about 3 years now. They are opening it back up Friday, so theoretically it will be the only time anyone ever gets to run on it so that's pretty cool.

home. 74º 55%H 6 mph from NNW

21:16(3.06) gf 731
AHR 150 MHR 166

No comments: