Friday, May 8, 2009

5.8.09

Well this week was my first attempt at doubling up on speedwork. I had done speed and hills, but I recover from hills quickly and this double speed really seems to have taken a lot out of me. I really felt horrible at the start of this run - like my lungs were collapsing, but I think the heat had a little to do with it as well. So I just kept it slow. I only made one loop before I had to stop for a quick gatorade break. After that I only managed another half loop before calling it a day. I asked April to walk with me and we walked for about a half hour after that.

So that was interesting. Not sure how much of it was heat/humidity and how much just tiredness from the workouts, but I'm leaning toward the former. It was a good recovery day though and hopefully I'll be back to normal tomorrow. Weather permitting Sunday will be my long run and I hope to get around 16-17 in if possible. I need a nice long run as it's been a while, hopefully it works out.

5:30pm. home. 80° 62%H wind 12mph from SSW
35:01(5.09), gf 678
21 minutes AHR 145/165 rest of run AHR 157/167

No comments: