Sunday, May 31, 2009

5.31.09

Not a bad run at all today. It was pretty hot outside getting up near 85, but I didn't mind. The shaded parts of the loop were welcome. Today I felt back to regular form and the legs felt pretty fresh, probably from getting a good night's rest. Not a lot to say about this run other than made a water stop at the second loop. I probably could have stopped a few more times because my mouth was really dry for a good portion of the run, but I don't like to stop so I usually just run through it. So that's pretty much it. I'm feeling really good right now and still haven't decided whether or not to do the one mile run Thursday night. It would be fun, but if something else comes up I wouldn't be that upset. We'll see what happens and I'll make a decision on that soon.

Haven't been wearing HR monitor lately. Not only does it feel more natural running without it, but I've just felt more "free" to run at whatever pace I feel like. It's worked fine so far because I feel really good on my last few runs with a moderate effort. I might just start using them on speed and tempo days, just days where the goal will be a higher HR.

5:15pm. home. 83° 37%H 7 mph from NW
1:01:30(9.43) bf 1397

No comments: