Wednesday, December 19, 2007

2 seconds

Kind of a boring day at school. Students (not ours) are taking finals and got to leave early. Tomorrow will be the same, and Friday only those who need to make up will be there. We only had four of our eight today, and the next few days probably only three. They are still a handful sometimes though. I miss the other kids, they make the day fun and also it just seems quiet without them all there.

Legs were already tight before the run, I had quite a workout pushing one of the larger students around today. So the run started with tired legs, mostly in the hams, but a little quad action too. The first four miles felt like a struggle, then finally the legs submitted and starting feeling normal. I got out a tiny bit earlier than usual and that really helped with the light and colder air. I didn't notice my breath until the last lap, which is also when my hands started getting cold. Normal gear today plus silver shoes. Last two miles were really good and I was going up the hills in pretty good time. I was thinking during the run about Ohio and how I'd probably fly there due to the lack of hills. Granted there are some where my parents house is, but for the most part its pancake. I wanted to run 1 hour tonight. I never looked at the time, but ended 2 seconds away from exactly an hour. That's pretty good calculating.

This has been a pretty weird week so far. None of the runs have really been what I expected. The legs are still tight though, so it looks like super easy next few days. I would like to have the legs fresh for the 16 miler this weekend. That will be interesting.


7(8.15)miles. 45-40 degrees. SM 379

No comments: