Wednesday, December 12, 2007

mixture

Tonight was futile at the start. Got home and couldn't find the connector to my ipod. I hate losing things like that because they are small and I don't like to do anything else until I find it. I looked for over a half hour, wasting a lot of time and getting pretty angry in the process. Finally I ended up finding it where it had dropped somehow under something there's really no physical way it should have. It was rainy today, so I started off on the treadmill. By one mile my legs were already tired. I wanted to run outside.

So I did, it wasn't raining much right then anyway, just a few sprinkles. The bad part was I had to get ready to go eat dinner with April's family as soon as I got back. That left little time for dilly-dallying. The run was nice. Fast-paced and kind of cool since it was later. Also the air was moist and it was dark and now and then I'd run through the larger puddles and feel a few drops fly up off the back of my shoe onto my calves. Everything went well at first. I avoided the HH first time around, but was back at mile 4.

In the cul-de-sac people were walking their dogs. I couldn't see them because it was dark. So about 20 yards out I saw them and turned around. Whoever the people were couldn't have been strong. Their poodleish dog got loose and started to chase me I guess. The funny part is I had no idea because it was dark, and I had turned around. I was already a good 200 yards from them when I heard a little pitter patter that wasn't my own. The dog had finally caught up with me (we were on a relative uphill before the HH). The funny part was he couldn't slow down because it was wet. He was running 10 yards away parallel to me, and then I slowed down, he flew past me. I decided to stop. He had to do a big old loop, the kind you do when you drive a boat-car, and came back towards me. I told it to get out of here and may have taunted it with a few You couldn't catch me anyways. Finally after a few loopty loops he ran back toward his owners into the blackness.

I had just arrived at the base of the HH. I saw two cars coming up towards me. I'm not sure if it was instinct or just feeling good from the day off yesterday, but I decided to make this a full blown hill workout. So up I go, probably faster than what I was running on the flats. The cars lights got closer and halfway up they passed me. I kept on going and sprinted the rest of the way up to the top. I was there before whoever it was got out of their car. That was fun, and the best part is after 4 miles, it felt easy and good. I ran about another mile and had to get back and get ready to leave.

Pretty stressful week due to parties and gifts and dinners. I'm hoping for an easy weekend to recover from it all before christmas break hits.

5(5.5)miles. tread/63 wet with sprinkles. GM 34, SM 346

No comments: