Sunday, December 16, 2007

little less

We had some flurries today. It's feeling like winter with lows below 20. Went out around noon. It was fun to get all the gear on and get out in it. I figured I would be cold with a t-shirt and two longsleeves due to the 20 mph winds. The wind slowed me down a bit, but I have been running a lot of miles on easier days. Normally I run 4, but it has been more like 6 lately and not slow enough for a lot of recovery. Legs were a little tired since I did some cardio in the morning didn't really help out. Also I wore some swishy pants, but next time I'll probably opt for shorts because it feels like I'm restricted. I liked running while it was snowing. It's been real easy to get into the Christmas this year. That hasn't really happened for a while.

Had to end the run a tiny bit earlier than I wanted to as I had 8 written. April's dad and sister wanted to meet us to see a movie at the new IMAX that just starting showing. The movie was "I am Legend". I saw one preview and new immediately I wanted to watch this movie in a theater.(i only see movies with nice visuals at theater, everything else is dvd at home) I am all about excellent filmography, and just from the pan that was shown on the preview I knew it would be amazing. I didn't know the story line, something like the end of world I guessed, but I hate knowing everything and seeing all the best parts which ruins it at the theater. I suppose once you've studied how to effectively show what you want a viewer to see and feel using angles, color, depth, and overall feeling, you just know when a good cinematographer has made a piece of artwork for the big screen. Anyway I had to end the run so I could get ready and be at the movies on time. The movie did not disappoint, definitely one of the best I've seen ever storywise and artistically, period. Unfortunately we had to sit pretty much in the front row due to not getting there early. We already had tickets, but April's dad and sister waited for us instead of saving seats. Oh well.

I have been reading a lot of blogs lately. Haven't really made much progress. I find so many and don't have hours to wade through the enormous amount of material. There are some good ones out there, and I try to add ones that I enjoy reading. Well I guess that's all for today. I need to do some reading and get ready for the last work week of this year!!! So excited to spend Christmas with my family.

6(6.5)miles. 34 degrees, 24 with the winds. GM 46

No comments: