Monday, December 17, 2007

litte more

It's hard to describe tonight's run. I think of words like amazing, awesome, sweet, but it really just felt good. It started off well enough. My hands got cold right away, so I doubled back for gloves. So already one mile was under my belt. Even that mile was great. I felt my body distributed evenly and everything just felt right. So I ran the normal route on all the roads, running left wherever there was a split. made it to 6 miles which was my plan when I headed out the door, but I still felt like everything was working on all four cylinders so I kept going. Mile 8 still breathing easily, striding easily, nothing hurting. The last 2 were just as smooth and I started jogging. I had to say something out loud, "awesome" was the word that came to mind. It was just an awesome run and felt incredible. I wish I could have kept going but it was dark and this is an easy week.

Not real sure why the run went well, but I have some theories. 1- last 2 days have been easier than a normal weekend 2- found out the track position really is the head coach, and not assistant (it was questionable) 3- after a treadmill and a restricted clothing run shorts and pavement allowed me to move freely 4- weather, With only a slight wind and I'd say 35 degrees outside, it was like someone was feeding me oxygen. 5- silver shoes, what more need be said than that? I'd say a few of those things were large contributing factors to tonight.

Only a few more days till Ohio. I'm excited to see my family, but also nervous. They might mistake my running conistency for madness, but I'm hoping they'll go for admiration instead. We'll see. Four more days and the last three are basically nothing since the students don't go to their worksites since the bus won't be able to take them. I'm looking forward to ending this year, but certainly not as much as the past two. Tuesday looks like another whatever day. I had 9 scheduled, but after today I'll cut that. I'll just go by feel again.

7:24, 28, 10, 22, 22, 19, 23, 25, 28, 13

shorts, tanktop with longsleeve, gloves
9(10)miles. 35 degrees. SM 372

2 comments:

Ann said...

Dear Rick Flair, I love that your crazy head chose to add two miles. Who are you?

Ron said...

I'm not even sure Rick Flair identifies with me anymore. I haven't really burned out like I used to at the end. I do miss that feeling. Perhaps one day I'll get to lose all rationality and go fast that I won't even know where I am, and have no time to feel pain.