Sunday, December 30, 2007

woops

Day went by so fast I didn't get to blog on time. woops.

Didn't sleep very well last night. Took a nap earlier and couldn't get back to sleep at a normal time. Took another nap after I ate breakfast this morning. Finally got around to running. No double this week, but I figured if I put up a good number today I'd be over the mileage I had planned. A normal cold day of freezing minus a little with some wind here and there. Legs felt good today. There is still a hint of pain in my right toe joint, but I think it's getting better because it isn't as prominent as it once was. Toenails are still pretty jacked, only time will tell with those.

Three out and backs, plus some extra side roads. Still after that I wasn't quite finished and ended up running another out and back down my parents road. Pace felt pretty good and wasn't too fast at any point. I've been tensing up my shoulders and hands a lot. I had to remind myself to let them loose periodically through my run. I like running in Ohio, but the air is cold. I was reading in Runners World magazine today (thank you April) about acclimating yourself to the weather. I think this is a normal thing. If you think about the seasons changing throughout the year it is a natural process for our bodies to grow accustomed to one weather and slowly adapt to the next. A constant process that develops over time. I'm glad I ran in the cold while I was in Tennessee, it prepared me for here.

Legs have felt good and don't seem to be taxed. Runs are pretty easy and I'm trying to go for time instead of miles lately. At an hour I start to feel like I'm working pretty good, so I'm trying to keep the times as long as possible focusing on maximizing aerobics. It seems to be helping although I have to practice breathing. I used to do that a lot back in the day, even practicing quietly in my room. Maybe it's just psychological but it appears to help a lot.

Last run for this year as far as training logs go. Only two real runs left for this year! It has been great so far and I'm sure 08 will be even better.

9(10)miles. 32 degrees 24 with wind. GM 92

1 comment:

Ann said...

Been reading but forgetting to comment. Love all your tales of the cold. It has definitely not be warm. Would love to know the routes you are taking. There are some crazy roads for the running up hill. :)