Saturday, December 15, 2007

shopping done

Went shopping this morning. I have all my present bought except for my dads. I'm still not sure what I'm going to get him. I have some ideas, but he's a hard guy to shop for since he's into hunting and is particular about what he wants. I'm glad to have that done. It looks like we will have Christmas with april's family friday night, then leave for Ohio Saturday morning. April won a contest on a radio show and got tickets to Dollywood!! The bad thing is we would have to go this week. Hmmm, 45 minute drive there, Christmas Traffic!!!, do something there, then 45 back and all this after school Friday night, then get up early and drive 7 hours; yeah not my kind of weekend. Needless to say we'll probably give the tickets away. The one time we win something and we can't even enjoy it...

Started raining after I got home today so I hit the treadmill late around 8. Really boring. Luckily we have the computer in the same room, so I am able to watch movies. Unfortunately I'd have to have the sound maxed to hear it, so it kind of stinks. I can't watch any new movies because I won't know what anyone is saying, so it's reruns. I do have a few seasons of the office, and know most of it by heart; very useful to distance runners with treadmill's I'd assume. Went 2 miles, forgot towel, stopped for a quick second, then back on for 4 more. Not really motivated tonight since it was later and I'm usually winding down. Wanted 7 but just didn't have the drive. The treadmill is difficult to run on, hot, feels different, and just a repetiveness that you don't get out on the roads. In addition the pace feels faster, and the miles feel slower. It seems like it takes a lot longer to run the "same" distance.

All complaining aside it was a good run. Legs felt fine, but the stride always feels funny since you're not really pushing off anything. 6 miles put me up to 47 miles this week. Week of Christmas is 51, and week after New Year's planning 54, with a 40 and 46 inbetween. After that I finally will be getting into hill workouts. I sort of feel like I'm doing them already with the courses here having some elevation. Being in shape is fun, but going faster and getting stronger is the real deal.

6 miles. Treadmill. GM 40

No comments: