Tuesday, December 18, 2007

3 days

Only 3 days of school left. Finally the break is almost here. I am very happy about that, but I'm more happy about staying in shape this winter. Things have been going well and I'm determined to keep the momentum. I've already surpassed most of the ideas I had about what kind of shape I would be in. The miles I had written over two months ago are still seeming right on effort wise. I have another big jump coming up in a few weeks, but I'm sure by then I'll be ready for it. It will be the highest point in my base mileage.

I am still very happy to be running. I can't wait to toe the line in about four months and see all the hard effort and training come to fruition. Just an easy 7 ipod miles through the neighborhood today. It's funny how a 7:30 pace seems slow, but it somehow does. Legs were a little tight today. Obviously thats from the longer run yesterday. Hands were cold, but not enough to waste time getting gloves. Everything else was fine with shorts, undershirt and longsleeve. No dogs today was a nice change. I've actually touched 5 dogs the past 3 days of running. How can people let their dog go when it's on a leash? I do not know. Probably do the same run tomorrow and take it easy for some recovery.

6(7)miles. 42 degrees. GM 46

3 comments:

Ann said...

So jealous you are getting a break. I want a break.

Lisa said...

Oh my, I wish a 7:30 pace seemed easy to me. :)

Happy running and Merry Christmas.
Lisa

Ron said...

Ann, do you get any days off? There's no time like now for sick days y'know.

Thanks for posting Lisa. It's always nice to know people actually read my blog.

Merry Christmas to both of you!