Thursday, December 6, 2007

later

A pretty good day at work. It's nice to see everyone getting in the holiday spirit. This week we have made christmas ornaments and today made snowflakes. Pretty fun just to do holiday stuff. Talked to the other track coach and she said we were going to have a meeting soon. I'm looking forward to that.

The usual Thursday for me, get home, run around, run back out the door. Cold today, should have probably worn my headband went with the usual shorts, longsleeve/undershirt, gloves. It got colder after the sun went down. I ran an extra mile yesterday just so I could run one less today. That sort of worked, but it was still almost completely dark by the time the run was over. Kept good track of miles and did 6.5 laps. There is a kid who normally runs. He is a little bit slower than me but always runs the track clockwise, which is funny because I never do, so I pass him every half mile. Legs didn't ever feel good tonight. Just tired and didn't turn over like I wanted them to. Struggled on the hills.

I'm not sure how I'm going to get 10 miles in on some days in January. I guess I will have to do split runs, but I hate that. I feel like I get more out of going the distance all at once. I guess there's always night running, but that isn't safe, nor very fun in the winter cold. Looked into buying a treadmill, there are some that would work, but I don't really have the money to spend on one right now anyway. If I start missing a lot of runs or something out of my control I may have to end up with one, for now I'm going to stick it out.

7(8)miles. 40-38 degrees. GM 24

No comments: