Saturday, December 1, 2007

tight right

Today hasn't been very productive. Got up late, which means breakfast is later, and therefore lunch, and therefore everything else. Not very productive day other than cleaning the kitchen. It looks a million times better now. Cleaned the microwave and moved it to a new location, which opened up all this room somehow.

Today was a comfortable 3 miles around the block. I skipped the HH. There is no need to run up hills and tire out the muscles on an easy day. My right calf has been tight for the past few days. I thought it would go away, but it hasn't. It isn't hurt, it just feels like a muscle that has been worked out. That is a good thing though. It means I am using my calves for push off and not just coasting along.

I did get the crap scared out of me by a dog though. It is this white poodle who sports a pink collar and isn't even as big as my small cat. It "barks" at me everyday when I run by. It's kind of between a wimper and a yip. So how did this furry ball scare me you ask? Well I was running by a mini-van who had their door open. As I was about to run past it, out jumps a flying fluffball yipping like a banchee. Because things normally don't just pop out from behind and screech at me during my run, this caused me to jolt and double step. That thing always goes after me, I wish I could stand there one day and let it bark in my face. Maybe then it would realize it's not scaring me off and that I'm running by it whether it barks or not.

A tiny bit warmer today, but a quick glance at the weather for this week makes me angry. Rain starting wednesday and going through Monday. I may have to invest in some rain gear. Treadmill is out of the question since we have such a small house, and I'm not paying 500 dollars a year to drive out of my way to use a gyms. I suppose we could fit it, but those things are just so ugly and it would be right in the middle of our house since the living room is the only place it would "fit". The good ones weigh like 300 pounds too, so I have no idea how it would fit in our car, and no idea how we would get it into the house if we got it here. I would love to have one, but between all those things I guess I'd rather take my chances with the rain. No worries though, some opportunity may show itself soon.

3(3.5)miles. 54 degrees. GM

No comments: