Friday, November 30, 2007

last run for november

Well tomorrow is December, my sister's birthday. This week flew by, and the month did too. It will be Christmas before I know it. Went to the mall shopping with the students today. It wasn't all fun since we were basically just trying to keep everything under control and prevent anything crazy from going down. I guess it was a good break from the routine of class.

An easy run today. I just decided to go for 40 minutes toward the end since a mileage goal wasn't really what I was going for. I've put in over 40 miles this week. That's an increase of about 6-10 miles over the highest out of previous weeks. It's not always a good idea to increase mileage quickly. It stresses the system. But I have put in easy days and plan on taking a very easy day Saturday as well as a medium distance run Sunday. Next week I'll move up to 14 miles, which by ipod calculations will about tie the longest distance I've run ever. I'm looking forward to it. 7 more weeks of base and I think my endurance will be off the charts. Runs are getting easier because my body is becoming more efficient. My strides also are improving and tonight's easy run was a 7:28 pace! Add some strength to that and I'm not sure what I'll be capable of.

I've been eating healthier. I already ate normal or small portions, but now I'm having April help buy things that are fresh or just loaded with good proteins and stuff. It is helping. i have more energy and am less hungry than I used to be. I can remember days last year when I just felt like my stomach was empty all day. (of course I did have to each LUNCH at 9:30 in the morning!) A lot of stress was built up
from my job and that whole deal which probably compounded matters. Things seem to be going great. I even thought about continuing to be a TA again next year. I like the job and it's nice to be a part of team instead of having all the lessons and everything to do on your own. But that is a while away.

4(5.35)miles. 50 degrees. silver

No comments: