Thursday, November 1, 2007

last minute

Today was much better than yesterday. I can't believe it's already Thursday. This week has flown by. Work was good, but a few odd things happened. One girl fell down backwards and hit her head, and another just had a bad and was crying. It was sad because she is probably the happiest person I've ever seen. She always has a smile.

I got home and forgot April had a meeting. She is trying to get a booth for a wedding convention. She makes invitations and two of the people that run the convention met with her about it. So I got out later than usual. It was 6:20 or so by the time I got to the complex. There was a pretty strong wind from the north, and it was colder than usual as well. I worked up a sweat under my longsleeve shirt and that made it feel even colder. The wind made one stretch pretty tough since it was on an incline, but the rest of the run was easy. It was almost sunset when I started and I noticed brown and pale green leaves scattered across the pavement as I made my way up the largest incline. A soccer game was going on at one of the fields, and by mile 3 it was over and the clouds were getting bluer. By mile 5 it was pitch dark and I could see the stars and silhouettes of trees behind the main building.

I still haven't had any trouble with breathing. It's literally no recovery time at the end of my runs, even with going faster the last mile. Unfortunately I can't say the same about the legs. They are tight and I could feel the muscles working pretty hard. I think I can credit that to not stretching like I should be each night. It just seems like after the run times flies and I'm barely able to get to sleep by 11. So that should help. Also I have two easy days coming up of 3 miles that should give my muscles some needed rest.

I also compensated for the ipod by running and extra half mile. I will still consider it only 6, but I decided that my runs for November will compensate by running extra each time.

6 miles. Sunset, windy 56 degrees. silver

No comments: