Thursday, November 29, 2007

more blisters, better running

Another good run today. Went home about 5 minutes early which wasn't necessarily a good thing since all the school traffic. Normally waiting extra allows for you to actually pull out of your parking spot instead of waiting for someone to let you in the line. At least traffic was only half bad and I was able to get back to the complex by 4:30. Now my blisters have certainly not subsided. In fact many more of various sizes on many different toes have popped up. Fortunately they haven't hurt bad enough to keep me from running at at a good pace. I'm seriously considering some kind of toe-socks or some serious bandage work for this problem. Longsleeve and shorts felt fine in the weather.

At first today the legs weren't working all that well. I seemed out of whack and out of breath. Yesterday and the day before I had a pain in my shoulder. It's the sort of like heart burn pain, but in the shoulder, kinda weird. I didn't have that today, but I did feel short of breath the first mile. I know it is from not warming up properly, but I don't have time to warm up(it's already pitch black at the end of my run), so the first mile is my warm up and things like that are to be expected. The run felt slower today, especially before I hit 4-5 miles. I kept awesome track of laps today though, so I knew for sure how far I was going. That's probably why it seemed slower.

At 9.5 I had reached 8 laps and felt fine so I ran a few extra stretches. That is the story lately. I feel absolutely zero breathing, running lately has about the equivalent out of breath feeling as a walk to the fridge. I run faster, and still hardly feel like I'm breathing hard at all. Hills have become easier too, but are still a comfortable challenge. The legs on the other hand still aren't close to feeling "fine". They are way better than normal, but feel tight more often than not. Muscles are still being formed in there, and until I get to my hill phase (mid-Jan) I'll just have to keep slowly increasing the miles. My main goal is to build an awesome base during the winter months. Sounds easy enough, but consider this: Christmas Holidays/New Years/Vacation, and I start getting nervous.

I feel like I'll be okay. I already let it happen this summer, some of which was out of my control, but I could have done more. I regret it, and I think I learned my lesson there. Okay here's tonights run. Check out the gradual increase in pace over the run tonight, as opposed to the decrease Tuesday. I even ran a little farther too.

9(10)miles. 50 degrees. silver

No comments: