Saturday, November 24, 2007

relaxed run

Man those two days off felt like 2 years. I was so happy to be out today after the recovery time. I started off skeptical and kept waiting for the pain to arrive, but nothing in the ankles AT ALL. That is great. The legs were still a little tight from not running, and from the quad workout last night. The only real thing I noticed during the run was the blister that formed by my messed up toenail. It really isn't as messed up as it used to be. The crater that is now in the front used to be in the back, with no toenail at all except a little sliver. Over the past months it has pushed itself forward and the pic shows that it is nearly grown out to the "edge" where it is supposed to be. Maybe a few more months and that thing will look normal again.

The run went by without any problems. Even the blister only hurt every so often, I can deal with that. I also had another blister on one of my left toes, but it healed up pretty good already. I kept a steady pace and tried to bounce along. I have a long run tomorrow. It is going to be tricky because now the weatherguys are saying it will rain all day (yesterday they said lower chance). But I also watched another channel that said no rain till later. It looks like the best shot is a morning run around 9 a.m. The chances of rain seem to be lowest then, so I should be able to get a good hour and a half in before the chances increase. I kind of have to get it in because Monday looks like rain. As usual, we will see.

An odd thing I noticed today was there was absolutely no wind. Normally it is whipping around. Even on the HH there was none. It was like running through a space station. Everything was completely still and quiet. I could hear cars way off in the distance. There also was a blue tint to the sky and made everything seem dull. Combine all those things together and by that aspect it was an eerie run.

Read up on a pretty awesome blog. He is a runner named Duncan. I would also dare to say he is a writer as well. He did a 100 mile race over a matter of days in India. His writing is just as awesome as his running. You should check it out if you have a few hours to spare. I tried reading it again and it was "locked" or something. You may have to click on >Pandeyland Diaries to read them all.

4(5.1)miles relaxed. 47 degrees. silver

No comments: