Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Lil' Cold

No the topic today isn't a new rapper. It's getting cold outside. Tonight a low of 28 degrees is expected. I hope my car starts in the morning. Good news. I have an interview for the track coaching position at my school! I am excited and nervous. I haven't coached before, but I know that I would be great at it. It's just something I've always wanted to do since high school.

Today was an inservice at work. It was mostly just us getting the schedule down. I'm all about schedules, but at some point you have to just say "look, let me know what needs to be done and let me handle it" I hate having perfect little chunks of time to fit this or that in. What if something changes? then the schedule goes to crap. Let everyone know what needs to be done, then let them figure out how to do it. Why should I work with the same student everday when I could easily switch with someone else's student? It is just boring to do the exact same thing all the time.

Sorry about the rant there, back to business.Tonights run started off at 48 degrees and worked it's way down to 45. That combined with the wind made it one of the coldest runs so far. I put in 6 miles. I'm actually not sure about the ipod anymore. I still have to do some more tests at the track. I have been adjusting my runs I think I'm going to start listing both what I think it is and the ipod time for now on. It was a solid run. Averaging 8 min or less miles and really felt quite good. My legs felt a little tight, but I'm not sure if that was from the cold, tired muscles, or my ipod banging against my right leg while I ran.

The same guy that I chased the other night was out again. He's definitely got his pace down. I again just kept seeing him get farther and farther each time around the track. I contained myself tonight and didn't try to catch him. I did, however, power up the hills instead of taking them easy. I think that alone will make some good progress. It's kind of like a mini-hill workout and should get my quads into shape nicely while not burning them out.
Tomorrow looks like 4 miles and Thursday I'll try to get in 8. The sun was set by the end of my run today, and that's with getting to the track just after school. I'll have to book it if I want to get in 8 miles before it gets really dark on thursday.

6 miles (7.65) 45 degrees and cold. silver

2 comments:

Ann said...

You know I think you are great but it takes a little bit of crazy to run when it is that cold.

Ron said...

I used to think that too. But not running isn't an option anymore. :)