Wednesday, November 7, 2007

nice n easy

Today was a shorter run, a day to take it easy. And in that I was a success. I stayed well below a fast pace and put in my 4 miles. I made a little spreadsheet last night and used the tracking from my first run. I sorta forgot that I didn't really check it after I calibrated, so I need to check it again. It was at .38 at .25 mile, so I used those at first. Then I remembered that was before, so I deducted it down to .32 since that sounded about right. Here are some of the stats I came up with from that estimation.

actual miles ipod miles
1 1.26
4 5.04
8
10.08
12 15.12
22 27.22

As you can clearly see, the farther the larger the discrepancy becomes. At 4 an extra mile is needed, but at 22 five extra are needed. That is a big difference if you were just using the ipod as a guide for the distance. Leaving you 4 (actual) miles behind your goal. I will be using my formula until more tests can be made.

Today was an okay day at work. Kinda not liking the schedule, but I'll deal with it and move on to more important things. It is still cold out, but felt warmer than yesterday mostly due to less wind. My runs have started off lately with slight pain in my right ankle. It feels more like a pulling than pain. Once it gets warmed up around 1.5-2 miles it's good to go, so nothing to worry about. Ran around the neighborhood tonight. Seems to be easy to do long runs at the complex, and my shorter ones here. I like rotating the scenery each day. It makes it more interesting. Finished on a good note with powerful strides the last mile. Not anything too fast, just enough to make up for the puppy that ran right between my legs and I half tripped over. I had to stop so the little guy wouldn't chase me, while
a little kid grabbed him.

4 (5) miles. Chilly, but bearable 48 degrees. silver

No comments: