Wednesday, November 21, 2007

100

I have reached a good point in bloggership, 100 posts. Yes my friends I have finally stayed consistent and actually kept a good amount of information on the internet for a decent amount of time. Today was another easy run. The blisters are still hanging out. Double-socked it again, and kept the pace minimal, which helped a great deal.

Another dog incident today. I think it may have been a stray, but it nearly got hit by a car that was passing me. I'm kind of glad that happened or I probably wouldn't have seen it. When I saw it I stopped running and walked. He came up to me kind of cautious, but I put my hand out because he seemed friendly enough. After I patted him on the head he walked on and starting sniffing stuff. I walked about 20 yards before I started running again. I worked in a few accelerations which only brought me up to my regular pace, but they were fine. Breathing wise I started off shaky as well as the ankle tenderness, but after running up the HH everything started flowing. This is the third day in a row in the neighborhood and man it's getting boring. Other than the dogs and the leaves falling there isn't much that I haven't seen. I could see the storm brewing behind the mountains. It was pretty cool to see the dark blue behind all the red and orange trees covering the mountains.

Right at the end of my run it started to sprinkle. I am glad I got a few miles in today. I am planning on taking three days off, four seemed too much. With tomorrow being thanksgiving and friday being 4 a.m. shopping I'm sure not running those days will be easy enough. It all looks good except for sunday. A high (80%) chance of rain that day and I am supposed to have my long run. I really want to get that in. If the blisters are good and ankles not sore Saturday then I will move it up a day, but if not I guess I'll have to just see what happens.

Well I wanted to do something special so I'm adding some pics of me running the race from October. Not exactly phenomenal, but better than nothing. Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving.

4(5)miles. 4pm 70 degrees slight wind. silver

1 comment:

Ann said...

I think your feet aren't touching the ground in one of these pictures. Thanks for posting pictures. I can't remember the last time I saw you run. Congrats on 100 I don't know that my blog ever got there. In fact I haven't blogged in weeks. Way to go. You are the man, and I mean that in a good way.